Does your pet need emergency medical care? Call now for immediate assistance from our trained veterinary staff.
Herbst Veterinary Hospital provides comprehensive treatment services, hospitalization, and critical care for pet emergencies.
Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment and technologies to help our veterinary experts assess your pet’s health.
If your pet requires a service that we cannot provide, we’ll refer you to an appropriate 24-hour urgent care center. Call our office now for help.
After Hours Pet Emergencies
During business hours, please call us immediately at Herbst Veterinary Hospital for any pet emergencies so that we may recommend the best course of action for your pet.
Monday - Friday from 6:00pm-9:00pm we offer After-Hour Emergency care with an on-call Vet and Tech. After 9:00pm and on weekends we recommend Airvet - Virtual Care App.
is excited to partner with Airvet to offer after-hours care through Airvet's network of licensed veterinarians for support and virtual care during times of emergency crisis. You will now be able to connect with a veterinarian virtually for &30 after our office is closed for the day.
This is why it is essential for you to download the Android or iOS app on your smartphone.
Virtual care is the new frontier, and access to care you can trust is more important now than ever before. No more Google searches or asking a Facebook group what is going on with your pet. We're here for you 24/7 - 365 days a year!
Outside our business hours, we recommend you contact the following emergency pet hospitals in Texas.
|Emergency Pet Clinic - San Antonio|
|8503 Broadway #105|
San Antonio, TX 78217
|(210) 469-7509||Visit Website|
|Animal Emergency Room|
|4315 Fredericksburg Rd # 2|
San Antonio, TX 78201
|(210) 737-7380||Visit Website|
|Mission Vet Specialty & Emergency (MVS)|
|8202 TX-1604 Loop|
San Antonio, TX 78249
|(210) 737-7373||Visit Website|
|BluePearl Pet Hospital Stone Oak|
|503 E Sonterra Blvd Ste 102|
San Antonio, TX 78258
|(210) 930-8383||Visit Website|
What is considered a pet emergency?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic substance
- Difficulty urinating
Emergency Tests & Diagnostics
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our veterinary team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
We offer the latest diagnostics and testing for our urgent care patients, including:
- Blood analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or has ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Broken bone setting. We set broken bones for animals to help them heal quickly and properly. Your pet's veterinarian will also help relieve your pet's pain during the healing process.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medicines on hand to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our urgent care services or to book an appointment, please call our office.